JAKARTA - President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has set eight targets for his newly installed Cabinet to pursue in the remaining three years of his tenure.
The targets were the main theme of the Presidentís inaugural speech, which was delivered during the installation ceremony at the Presidential Palace on Wednesday.
Yudhoyono has insisted that the new Cabinet must do their utmost to achieve these goals.
The targets are as follows:
1. To make sure that the state budget is properly and effectively absorbed.
2. To eradicate corruption
3. To eradicate poverty
4. To maintain energy and food security
5. To undertake bureaucratic reforms at 141 state firms
6. To protect migrant workers
7. To prevent communal violations and terrorism
8. To improve discipline and integrity of government officials