JAKARTA - A fire broke out on the basement floor of the Blok M Plaza shopping center in South Jakarta. According to the fire department, it was likely that the fire was caused by a short circuit in one of the emergency power generators located on that floor. No people were injured in the fire as the mall was closed at the time when the fire broke out.
The immediate environment of the mall has been closed off for general public to give way to fire crews. They are having problems with putting out the fire as smoke and heat moves the vents in the area of the fire.