JAKARTA - A senior official from Indonesia's health ministry and the World Health Organisation said on Wednesday there were no suspected cases of the deadly flu-like SARS virus in the country. Health Minister Achmad Sujudi told a news conference late on Tuesday there were three suspected SARS cases in Indonesia and another official said one of the patients had later died.
"It was a misunderstanding by the minister...there are no longer suspected cases in Indonesia," ministry official Dr Indryono Tantoro told Reuters. A Jakarta-based WHO official, who declined to be named, said it was confirmed early on Wednesday that none of the three people in question had been in contact with any SARS patients. "So these people do not fit the definition of a SARS case," he said.